Once I'm satisfied I am capable of all the tech neccessary, I'll go ahead with a (I'm hoping) much more complex game.
These are the features I want in the tech demo:
- Fast scrolling, massive landscape.
- Player controls their plane, which is capable of:
- Taking off & landing
- Fairly realistic flight model, including stalls
- Firing cannon & dropping bombs
- AI moving tanks, stationary guns, buildings & planes.
- Particle effects for flames, explosions, smoke, dust, etc.
- Pixel perfect collision detection
- Changing weather & time of day (i.e. day / night)
Features I'd like to add in a proper game include:
- Open ended play
- Different aircraft types
- Lots of little features, than will enrich the gameplay / game world
I've got loads of ideas here, but will only talk about them (in detail) if & when it looks like I can make them a reality.
In the next post, I'll write about where the project is at currently. I'll be sure to include lots of screenshots, to make up for a lack so far.